Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Reaching far and wide

Dear Friends,

I want to reach out to parents, teachers, and librarians right now and anyone else that has an interest in good, clean reading material for children and adults. Let me put it this way. When my name is going on a book, you can be SURE there are no bad words in any of my books. As a longtime Christian, I do my best to live a clean life and I wouldn't want to disappoint my Lord for anything intentionally. Therefore, you have a choice of fun, entertaining and educational reading material as you check out my books.

I am confident that children's books should be a ton of fun and that it's perfectly acceptable for them to learn an important life lesson while they're laughing their head off while reading one of my wacky, warped, crazy books. I purposely write my books to make a positive difference in my readers' lives. Still, I think I can manage to do that and them have fun at the same time. I don't write preachy books, just fun ones.

Inspiration plays a major role in my writing. I can't just sit down and write a book of any kind. I don't write the suggested 1,000 words a day like so many literary professionals say to do. I write when the Lord inspires me to do so. He may give me an idea and then put a funny, strange twist on it. Such is the case with Show and Smell. I was laying on my Mama's couch watching TV with her, NOT planning to write another book at that point. I already had one in the works and about 20 more that have not been published yet. But, the Lord had other plans. He planted the idea of Show and Tell in my head. I promise you I was NOT thinking of more books at that point. Ideas started forming and then changing. Before I knew it I had the basic idea to move forward with Show and Smell.

Well, I got busy and Show and Smell became a reality. I'm mighty proud of this book. I like to expand and change each book that comes out and do something to set it apart from the others. I always want things to be fresh and different for my readers.

You may have noticed that I normally have weird titles and bold colors. Those are two things I'm a real stickler about and things I'm getting a reputation for. It's okay with me. I love what I do just in case you hadn't noticed that by now.

Believe it or not, I never set out to write a gazillion books about animals, but somewhere along the way that is exactly what has happened. Hey, it's working. I feel there's no need to change something that's working so well.

Well, that's where I stand right now. Check out the new books that will be coming out in the next few weeks. If you don't have my other books, I'd love to send some your way. ALL books are $12.00 each. That includes tax and shipping. And, they make great gifts for a multitude of occasions.

I plan to do a variety of things with my blog. There will be days that I blog more than once, maybe many times. I hope you'll check back faithfully and see what I'm up to.I don't want you missing a thing.

Until next time,

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment